I’ve been trying to gather what I need to print–to continue to learn–and to produce. I recently ordered a set of wood type from India off ebay. I wasn’t sure what I was getting, nor was I confident it would even arrive. It did. And today I tried printing for the first time.
Unfortunately, some of the letters aren’t cut well. But they are type high, and they’ll have to do for now. I am still missing quads and spacers. My lockup is pretty pathetic looking since I don’t have enough to fill in the spaces evenly.
I also realized today I should be locking my type up parallel to the roller. I’ve been placing it lengthwise so the roller moves across the type instead of “with” the time. I’ve got four hours to practice tomorrow so I’ll see if it makes a difference.
Some days are more frustrating than others.